Thinking of including more plant-based meals into your diet? This chickpea and vegetable curry recipe is perfect for winter, and works great for bulk cooking (stores and freezes well). It serves 4.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1tbs grated ginger or ginger paste
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp ground paprika
- 2tsp ground tumeric
- 1tsp curry powder
- 250g diced pumpkin
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
- 2 cups of cooked basmati rice, to serve (start with 3/4 cup or raw rice, or divide 1 Tilda microwave pouch between 4).
Low carb alternative – Slendier low-carb rice or shredded, cooked cabbage.
1. In a large saucepot, sautee garlic, ginger, onion and spices, until onion is translucent.
2. Add all the vegetables and vegetable stock to the pot, bring to the boil then reduce to medium heat, cover and cook for 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add the chickpeas in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Stir occasionally. Add more liquid, if necessary.
3. Meanwhile prepare basmati rice according to direction
4. Serve approximatley 1.5 cups of curry with ½ cup cooked basmati rice and a large dollop of natural yoghurt.