This Lemongrass Salmon with Asian Greens and Basmati Rice is packed with flavour! It’s a personal favourite of mine, as it takes 20 minutes tops!
- 4x 150g salmon fillets, skin on
- 3tsp olive oil
- 2tbs soy sauce (or Tamari for GF)
- 1 tsp grated ginger, or ginger paste
- 2 crushed garlic clove or 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp Garden gourmet lemongrass paste
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes, optional
- 2 spring onion, sliced
- 1 bundle of bok choy (with 3-4 heads), leaves sliced in half lengthways
- 100g green beans, topped and tailed
- 100g broccolini, but into thirds
- 1 microwave bag Tilda brown basmati rice
- In a large ziplock plastic bag, add the salmon fillets, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, lemongrass and chilli (optional). Close the bag and shake contents to roughly coat the salmon. If you have time, marinate in the fridge for a few hours or overnight, but this isn’t necessary.
- Heat barbeque or grill pan to medium, and grease lightly with 1tsp oil. Place the salmon on the grill/pan, skin side down. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until skin becomes crisp. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking. It tastes great a little bit pink. Remove from the pan.
- Add extra 2tsp olive oil to the pan, then add the bok choy, broccolini and cook for a total of 5-6 minutes, or until soft.
- Serve salmon with vegetables and ¼ microwave cup of basmati rice
*For GF option: Use gluten free tamari sauce