Per serve: 300cal/ 15g protein/ 25g carbohydrate/ 14g fat
- 2 small wholemeal pita bread*
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium capsicum, or ¼ each of tri-coloured capsicums, chopped
- 2 thin slice of red onion, chopped
- 4 tbs button mushroom, sliced
- 2 teaspoon dried Oregano, plus 1tsp extra
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons low-fatcheese, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 40g crushed cashews
*For GF options: Use gluten-free wraps
- Preheat oven to 200ºC and position rack in the middle of the oven.
- Heat large nonstick frypan brushed with olive oil and add onion and capsicum. Cook until soft and slightly charred about 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Set vegetables aside.
- Mix tomato paste with 1tsp oregano in a small bowl.
- Place pita bread on baking paper-lined oven tray, smooth the tomato mix over the base, sprinkle with half the parmesan and then arrange grilled vegetables in a single layer over the sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until edges of pita are crispy.
- Serve with a sprinkling of the remaining parmesan, oregano and sweet paprika, cut into slices.