- 500g lean beef or chicken stir fry strips (from supermarket)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 200g tinned black beans, rinsed well
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce, cabbage or spinach (or a combination of these)
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 large beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1-2 bags of Goodness Superfoods wraps (or wholemeal tortillas)
- 1 lemon or lime
- 100g low fat grated cheese (i.e. Kraft High protein low fat cheese or Bega 50% reduced fat)
- In a bowl, combine beef/chicken with spices and salt and let rest for a few minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook beef/chicken a few minutes each side until golden, then remove from pan and rest, covered with foil or a plate.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables and serve in individual bowls or on a large platter
- Pick and choose your fillings and create tasty fajitas! A squeeze of lemon or lime to top it off. Women – 1 wrap plus extra salads. Men – 2 wraps plus extra salads.
- Skip the wraps and make ‘naked’ fajita bowls
- Use mince instead of stir fry strips, and add 1 clove of garlic and 1 diced onion when cooking
- Replace meat with fish or tofu strips