Winter has well and truly begun – as I am posting this recipe it is dark and stormy outside 🙁
Put a smile on your dial with our nourishing, vegelicious take on classic chicken and corn soup.
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 1L Massel chicken stock
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onion stems, thinly sliced (or 1 medium onion, diced)
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 small sticks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 400g can of creamed corn
- 400g can of corn kernels
- 2tbs soy sauce
- 2 eggs, whites only, whisked
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a soup pot. Add the crushed garlic, onion and vegetables, saute on high for 2 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add diced chicken to the pot, and pan fry for a further 2 minutes, until just browned.
- Add the chicken stock, corn and creamed corn, and soy sauce. Bring soup to the boil on high heat, then reduce heat to a simmer, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and chicken is cooked through.
- Just before removing soup from the heat, slowly add the whisked egg whites, stirring continuously. They will create ‘white strands’ in the soup