Do you struggle with dip portions? Our oil-free hommus is super low-cal, so you can go nuts with your carrot sticks and multigrain crackers!
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove of garlic (or 1/4 tsp pureed garlic)
- 1 tbs Tahini (we love Mayver’s hulled)
- Juice of ½ or full lemon (according to your preference)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional – 1/2 peeled, raw beetroot.
- Optional – 1/2 tsp of paprika, cumin, dukkah or other spices.
- Place the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon lemon, salt and pepper, and any optional extras into a food processor and start to blend at high speed.
- Add water slowly until desired consistency is reached. We use approximately 1/3 cup.
- As a snack with vegetable sticks and multigrain crackers/rice cakes
- Dollop on top of a salad