Pasta is a family favourite – especially in Winter. Enjoy this heart-warming bowl of Marinara with your family, and to avoid the ‘carb overload’ – serve yourself half zucchini noodles and half spaghetti!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400g marinara mix
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 400g tin of tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled fetta
- Black pepper and dried Italian herbs, to taste (optional)
- Handful of fresh parsley
- 100g dry wholemeal spaghetti (or San Remo Pulse Pasta)
- 2 zucchinis, spiralised to make ‘zucchini noodles’
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic, and cook until onion is translucent
- Add marinara cook until seafood is ‘sealed’ (approx. 6-8 minutes).
- Add the tinned tomatoes and olives, and if using, approx. 1tbs dried Italian herbs and ½ tsp black pepper. Mix well and cook for 15 min, or until sauce has reduced and seafood is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to direction. Spiralise the zucchini and add to a separate pot of boiling water just after you have started the pasta – it should take approx 8 minutes to cook.
- Drain the pasta and zucchini noodles, and divide among serving bowls. Top with Marinara, parsley and fetta.
Note: The kids can have just pasta, and you can have just zucchini noodles, if you want!