Vietnamese Chicken Salad. Super light and fresh, with a touch of exotic
Recipe serves 4
- 2 bags of classic/Asian coleslaw salad mix (pre-packed from supermarkets)
- 100g vermicelli noodles, dry weight, prepared according to direction*
- 1 cooked roast chicken, skin removed and shredded*
(or 2 large chicken breasts – grilled and shredded)
- Dressing: 1 tsp brown sugar, 1tbs sesame oil, 50ml lemon or lime juice,
15 ml fish sauce, 1 chilli chopped
- Combine the coleslaw, cooked noodles and chicken in a large bowl. Divide between 4 containers.
- In a separate bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Divide between 4 small dressing containers.
Note: The coleslaw salad bags are used for convenience. Feel free to make your own coleslaw, or add additional chopped vegetables to the mix (i.e. chopped snow peas, sliced capsicum, cucumber batons etc.
*For GF adaptation: ensure vermicelli noodles are gluten-free. Avoid pre-made roast chickens as stuffing often includes gluten, use gluten-free fish sauce such as Ayam.