Did you enjoy yourself a little too much at your office Christmas party? Or, are you planning on letting loose on the buffet at your next function?
That’s ok – life’s boring if we always play by the rules! But perhaps plan a few light meals around your day of indulgence. Our Cajun chicken and avocado salad is the perfect example. Cook it in bulk for a week’s worth of lunches, or share it with the family.
- 2 large chicken breast fillets
- 3tsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice mix
- 1 avocado, flesh cubed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly snipped chives
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 150g green beans
- 150g asparagus
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 150g baby spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Cut each breast into 2-3 smaller pieces, brush with 1tsp olive oil, then rub in spice mix to coat. Set aside.
- Place avocado, lime juice, chives and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Season and stir gently to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large frypan over high heat and with 1tsp olive oil. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side until cooked. Stand for 3 minutes, then halve each piece on an angle.
- Heat final tsp olive oil in the same pan, and add the asparagus and green beans. Season with salt and pepper and stir fry for 3-5 minutes, until bright and tender.
- Divide all ingredients between four. Serve chicken on baby spinach with peas, warm greens and a dollop of avocado