Having regular plant-based meals is good for our health, and the environment! You won’t even miss meat with this tasty, high protein vegetarian dish.
Serves 4. Per serve: 394 calories/ 23.3g protein/ 18.8g carbohydrates/ 23.3g fat
- 350g firm tofu, diced
- 2tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium potatoes, unpeeled, washed and diced (200g approx.)
- 1 cup green beans, topped and tailed
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into batons
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 2 cups bean shoots
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- ¼ cup Mayver’s crunchy peanut butter
- 2tbs cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1-2 tsp sriracha or GF sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ cup water
- To make the peanut sauce, add peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, sriracha/sweet chilli to a blender or food processor. Add water as needed until smooth or at the desired consistency.
- Toss tofu in 2tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pan fry until golden on the outside and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Meanwhile, steam the potatoes and carrot batons for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked. Add the green beans to the steamer for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
- Bring a saucepan of eggs to the boil, then wait for 6-8 minutes – for hard boiled eggs
- Assemble the steamed vegetables with raw cucumber, capsicum and bean shoots. Top with egg, tofu and peanut sauce.