Cooking for your tribe? Our burrito bowls are sure to be a crowd pleaser! Otherwise, if your party is much smaller, this meal freezes well and is an excellent meal-prep option.
Serves 6. Per serve: 385cal/31.4g protein/ 42.2g carbohydrate / 8.1g fat
Brown rice: 200g raw rice
Vegetables and legumes
- 300g red capsicum, sliced into long, thin strips
- 300g green capsicum, sliced into long, thin strips
- 200g tinned 4-bean mix, rinsed
- 200g tinned corn kernels, rinsed
- 200g green zucchini, diced
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1tbs ground cumin
- 1tbs ground paprika
- ½ tbs ground coriander
- 1-2tsp cracked pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 600g extra lean beef mince
- 100g regular tomato paste
- 1 tsp olive oil
1 large avocado, lime juice, and coriander to serve
- For the beef: Add oil to a hot pan and sautee the onion and garlic for 5-8 minutes, or until soft. Add the spices and stir for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the beef and tomato paste, and cook for 8-10 minutes, until browned. Remove from the pan.
- For the vegetables: Add oil to a hot pan and sautee the sliced capsicum and zucchini for 5-8 minutes, or until soft. Add corn and beans to the pan and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through. Remove vegetables from the pan.
- Steam brown rice according to packet direction, and slice the avocado
- Divide the beef, vegetables and rice among serving bowls. Top with sliced avocado, lime juice and coriander leaves.